The laws of Ontario and the laws of Canada applicable therein shall govern the agreement under which the
user is permitted to use this web site. The user consents and submits to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the
courts of Ontario in any action or proceeding instituted under or related to these terms and conditions of use
which include but are not limited to:
- The user of this website is granted a limited license to use extracts of the information
for personal non-commercial use only provided that it is not modified and provided
that the user is fully responsible for the consequences of such use. No other use, reproduction
or dissemination is permitted
- None of the contents of the web site are to be taken to constitute an offer or solicitation to buy
or sell products or services, except where explicitly stated that it is an advertisement
or an item is for sale
- Any links to other sites are provided for convenience only and the OAMRS assumes no responsibility
for the accuracy or appropriateness of information on such sites
- The OAMRS is not responsible for any direct, indirect, special, incidental, consequential
or other damages arising out of or in connection with the use of this web site
OAMRS Social Media Policy
OAMRS social media profiles are there for Ontario MRTs and Sonographers, both current and retired, to communicate and come up with a collective plan to spread awareness about our professions. It is meant to be a safe place for us to come together to share ideas, collaborate on projects, support each other and have a place to share our experiences, both good and bad, in an appropriate way.
Social Media User Rules
1. Be kind and Courteous. Treat everyone with respect. Healthy debates are encouraged, but kindness is REQUIRED. We are in this together to reach a common goal: educate the general public and the Ontario government as to what we do as MRT’s and DMS’s.
2. Absolutely no Hate speech or Bullying. Everyone should feel safe to express their opinions. Bullying of any kind is not tolerated. We are all level headed professionals. If you feel any posts or comments are inappropriate, report to admins immediately and we will investigate as soon as we are able.
3. No Promotion or Spam of any kind. Give more than you take to this group. Self-promotion, spam and irrelevant links will be deleted.
4. Respect Everyone’s Privacy. Being part of this group requires mutual trust. Authentic, expressive discussions make groups great, but may also be sensitive and private. What is shared in this group should stay in this group, unless the person posting gives you permission to share. Do not screen shot PERSONAL comments or posts without the authors’ permission. Everyone has the right to express their feelings, as we are all under a great deal of stress.
OAMRS welcomes helpful comments and feedback that positively contribute to the profession. Before posting, please consider our rules of conduct below:
Respect Others: Treat all individuals with kindness and respect, regardless of their background, beliefs, or opinions. Avoid engaging in personal attacks, hate speech, or harassment.
Be Mindful of Language: Use courteous and appropriate language. Avoid profanity, offensive slurs, and derogatory remarks.
Fact-Check and Share Accurate Information: Before sharing information or news articles, verify their accuracy. Misinformation can harm others and create confusion.
Privacy Matters: Respect the privacy of others. Do not share personal information about someone without their consent.
Stay on Topic: Keep your comments and discussions relevant to the post or group. Off-topic comments can derail conversations.
No Spam or Self-Promotion: Avoid spamming or excessive self-promotion in groups or on others' posts. Share relevant content without overwhelming others.
Use Proper Sources: Cite sources and give credit when sharing information or content that is not your own.
Engage Constructively: Engage in meaningful and constructive discussions. Disagree respectfully and provide well-reasoned arguments.
Respect Copyright: Do not share copyrighted content without permission. Give credit when sharing creative work that belongs to others.
Reporting and Moderation: If you come across content that violates Facebook's Community Standards or these rules, report it to Facebook and/or the group's moderators.
Be Mindful of Sensitive Topics: Exercise caution when discussing sensitive topics like politics, religion, and personal beliefs. Maintain a respectful tone even when disagreeing.
Zero Impersonation: Do not impersonate others or create fake profiles. Authenticity is important for a trustworthy online environment.
Think Before Sharing: Consider the potential impact of your posts on your connections and the broader community. Avoid sharing content that may be offensive or harmful.
Remember the Human: Behind every profile is a real person with feelings and emotions. Treat others online as you would in face-to-face interactions.
By following these rules of conduct, you can contribute to a more positive and respectful online community on Facebook and help create a space where diverse perspectives can be shared and discussed in a civil manner.