The Aprende Canada Vascular Ultrasound - Extracranial Arteries course will provide a complete learning experience for scanning the arteries in the neck using Doppler ultrasound.
The course includes one comprehensive video which will walk the learner through five key items and is followed by a short exam to verify understanding. Also included in this course is a bonus module reviewing the anatomy and common pathology of the extracranial arteries. The learner will have access to the course content for four weeks from enrollment to complete the course.
Course at a Glance
Learning Hours: The course takes approximately 2 hours to complete. Aprende Canada courses are designed for self-paced learning. Rough estimates of the time required to complete the course may be provided, but we encourage each learner to invest their own time, based on their own learning needs, for each subject matter.
Available Until: April 1, 2023
Type of Learning: Online
Accreditation: Certificate of Completion and 2.0 ASRT Category A Credits
Completion Requirement: The exam for this course is composed of 10 questions. In order to successfully pass the exam, you are required to attain a mark of 70%. Three attempts are allowed.
Who Should Take This Course
This course is intended for new or experienced sonographers, physicians or medical students who want to learn more about scanning the arteries in the neck using Doppler ultrasound.
After completing the course, the learner will be able to:
- List the extracranial arteries that can be scanned with ultrasound
- Know basic scanning techniques to image the extracranial arteries
- Describe the normal 2D sonographic features of the extracranial arteries
- Describe the normal Doppler sonographic features of the extracranial arteries
- Use the ultrasound protocol example given to scan the extracranial arteries
The course includes:
- Course Syllabus
- Video: Extracranial Carotid Arteries (48 mins)
- Narrated Presentation: Extracranial Carotid Arteries - Pathology and Cases (64 mins)
- Final Exam
- Leonardo Faundez, MA-Ed, BSc, RTNM, RDMS, RVT, CRGS, CRVS, owner and founder of Aprende Canada
- Ontario Association of Medical Radiation Sciences
Discounted member price:
You could save: