The Aprende Canada General Ultrasound Part 1 course will provide a complete learning experience for scanning the liver, biliary system, pancreas and spleen.
The course includes four comprehensive videos which will walk the learner through five key items and is followed by a short exam to verify understanding. The learner will have access to the course content for eight weeks from enrollment to complete the course.
Course at a Glance
Learning Hours: The course takes approximately 2.5 hours to complete. Aprende Canada courses are designed for self-paced learning. Rough estimates of the time required to complete the course may be provided, but we encourage each learner to invest their own time, based on their own learning needs, for each subject matter.
Available Until: Open
Type of Learning: Online
Credit: Certificate of Completion
Completion Requirement: The exam for this course is composed of 15 questions. In order to successfully pass the exam, you are required to attain a mark of 75%. Three attempts are allowed.
Who Should Take This Course
This course is intended for new or experienced sonographers, physicians or medical students who want to learn more about scanning these body systems using ultrasound.
After completing the course, the learner will be able to:
- Understand the anatomy of the liver, biliary system, pancreas and spleen
- Know basic scanning techniques to image the liver, biliary system, pancreas and spleen
- Describe the normal 2D sonographic features of the liver, biliary system, pancreas and spleen
- Use the ultrasound protocol example given to scan the liver, biliary system, pancreas and spleen
The course includes:
- Course Syllabus
- Video: Liver Ultrasound (40 mins)
- Video: Biliary System Ultrasound (44 mins)
- Video: Pancreas Ultrasound (27 mins)
- Video: Spleen Ultrasound (22 mins)
- Final Exam
- Leonardo Faundez, MA-Ed, BSc, RTNM, RDMS, RVT, CRGS, CRVS, owner and founder of Aprende Canada
- Ontario Association of Medical Radiation Sciences
Discounted member price:
You could save: